Monday, November 3, 2008

Alex Part 4

All in all it was a great trip, especially considering I didn't spend any money at all over 3 days. Actually that's not true, I bought a Risk game board in Arabic at a rest stop between Cairo and Alexandria, and when I opened it up, instead of soldiers, calvary, and cannons, it had monopoly pieces! I have to say, when we played last week, it was slightly strange to have houses and hotels attacking each other. Anyway, here are the final pictures of the trip to Alexandria.


 
This is the Montazah palace on the eastern side of Alexandria. It was a former royal palace.


 
We had dinner at the Four Seasons (VERY FANCY) and they had a ridiculous buffet of delicious foods. I ate so much I actually didn't sleep that well because my stomach hurt, but it was totally worth it. I demanded this picture to be taken because these green cookies were the best dessert I have ever tasted. I took my first bite of the cookie and it literally melted in my mouth. I then demanded everyone at the table get one to try it, which they did, but then I realized that there were no more left. I noted this unfortunate situation to a friend and went back to the table to eat the other desserts. Five minutes later, the waiter shows up and places this plate of two green cookies right next to me, smiles, and walks away. Best waiter ever (besides Luciano at Campo del Fiori, of course!).


 
Another day, another mosque. This one also had an amazing mihrab, with a digital clock of all the prayer times of the day right next to it.


 
Here is my second HDR image of the trip. There was a decent sunset on the last night so we were out on the balcony taking pictures. Nice, but it's no Sinai sunrise!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: